Friday, March 30, 2012

Interesting quotes from "The Kite Runner"

Read a novel after a long time - "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
Sharing a few interesting quotes from the book -
"For you, a thousand times over"

"One time, when I was very little, I climbed a tree and ate these green, sour apples. My stomach swelled and became hard like a drum, it hurt a lot. Mother said that if I'd just waited for the apples to ripen, I wouldn't have become sick. So now, whenever I really want something, I try to remember what she said about the apples."

"Zendagi Migzara. Life goes on."

"Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie"

"It always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place"

"And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too"

"A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer"

"Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment